This post is for the sweet-lovers 🙂 And this is seriously simple. If I can make it, then ANYBODY can!!
– 1 cup cashews
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup water
(That’s it!! Can you believe it?!! :shock:)
How to make this thingy:
– Boil the water, add the sugar, let it simmer a while (5 mins or under)
– Grind the cashews (ditto), add to the simmering sugar syrup thing
– Let it thicken, no lumps, until the mixture turns dry 🙄 Don’t let it get burnt though.
How to test if its ready: In about 6 – 8 mins or so, if you take out a drop (don’t you DARE touch it by hand, or you won’t forget me or this blog in a long long time!!) of the mixture and leave it outside, it should ideally become hard. That means your mixture is ready.
– Knead it well into a ball (for about 2 mins) – roll out into a circle (I kneaded it using butter paper, as the mixture was way too hot for me to handle, and I couldn’t wait that long for it to cool 😉 )
– Once fully cooled, cut into diamonds 🙂 That is my favourite part 🙂 I remember my Paati making Beda (Jeera Para) this way. Its very therapeutic, actually!!
End to end, this should take less than half hour or so. Not bad, huh?